Friday, February 5, 2010

Zimbabwe Adventures Day 6 & 7

Hello Hello

Well I can't believe it has been a week already - time certainly pass quickly when you are relaxed. According to my darling family my last couple of blogs has been rather depressing......thanks for the support guys!

Last couple of days have been very relaxed, done a spot of sunbathing, trampolining, healthy eating and have had long lies - its been bliss!

Today (Friday) was a very interesting day indeed, I'm also rather proud of myself - nothing like blowing your own trumpet - something I don't do very often! On Thursday evening I contacted the head of music at Chisipite Senior School and she invited me for an interview today and guess what I got a job! I am working with the girls on the performance and professionalism of becoming a performer and what they should expect and present themselves. I will also being working with the choirs and vocal techniques etc - very exciting.

After my success, Claire, Olive, Carol (Olive's friend), Carly (Claire's friend) & I went out for lunch. It was a lovely afternoon great food and drinks flowing. We then came back to Claire and Sean's for a bit of sun and a cup of tea!

My new employer had invited me to go to her house for a drink to celebrate her 73 birthday - yes she is 50 years older than me - a lovely lady with a delightful family. I finally got to meet Caro (Tess thank you for the contact) who put me in touch with Di Wright with regards to a job at Chisi. Turns out Caro is Di's daughter and the head of the Art department at Chisi.

Claire and I returned home with a Chinese and spent a lovely evening with Ted (Claire's Father) and Carrie (his wife).

Tomorrow we are going to another kids birthday party - this is a popular theme in Zim as I am quickly discovering.......I am the only one who has not got a child at these parties, thank god!

No comments:

Post a Comment