Friday, January 29, 2010

Zimbabwe Adventure - Day 1

Hi there everyone,

Well I have arrived in one piece! Left from Edinburgh Airport on Thursday 28th January 2010, waved goodbye to my mum, Lynne and Andy and went on my travels. Arrived to meet my gran at Gatwick Airport to have lunch before my connecting flight with Air Zimbabwe. 10 hours of no flight entertainment (Thanks for the tip Tara!) and 1 1/2 books later........can't remember the last time I read a book, I landed in Zimbabwe. Sean collected my from the airport and took me to my new home for the next 5 months.

I arrived to heavy rain and massive thunder storms - really not cool and yes I was scared. I am also living in the wrong house as they have two cats that are certainly going to torment me~!

Everyone is well and Cameron and Angus are gorgeous!

I had an afternoon sleep and then Olive, Paul and Stuart came over for supper - this consisted of pizza......off to a healthy start.....not!

Its still raining and tomorrow we are heading to friends of Sean and Claire. We are going to spend the day at their farm.

Despite the lack of sunshine, I can't really complain! Day 1 huge success and thankfully the flight wasn't delayed!

Lots of love xxx xxx xxx xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment