Saturday, March 20, 2010

Week 6 & 7

I have finally discovered, why as a child I was so rubbish at keeping a diary, it is so time consuming!!! I am rubbish at e-mails so my apologies to you all~!

The past couple of weeks have been busy. Finally getting a routine with School, private lesson's. It has been the Eistedffod (not sure if that is correct spelling!) Anyway this is a massive music competition here in Harare for all ages to get involved in. I have had a couple of my pupils enter and have had great results, so far to my knowledge an honours and two 2nd's, I must be doing something right! The School in general is having great results, so the music department is happy all round.

Olive and Paul are having their bathrooms re-done. Chaos has commenced and walls have been knocked down etc, progress has certainly taken shape in the past two weeks, it will look so lovely once complete. Last week John (Sean's father) was in Zim, so it was a very busy week indeed. We went to something called "The Barn Dance" to raise money to Stu's hockey tour in April. It was a fantastic evening of great entertainment all round, I am positive there were a few sore heads in the morning!

We also went to the Tippet's farm (Glenisla) for lunch on the Saturday. Dad you would be proud, I asked for a farm tour. Dave Tippet is a Tobacco/essential oil farmer. It was so amazing to see how the tobacco is harvested and the different stages it goes through to make your cigarettes! I was also driven around the farm, it was simply stunning. To finish off the tour we climbed a hill, this was tough most exercise I have done all year~! Let me tell you, it was certainly worth it, absolutely stunning and I got some great pictures.

My rehearsals over the past two weeks have been very slow indeed. Welcome to Africa - so I keep getting told! Arriving to no power, generator not being set up and using torches to see is a very interesting scenario and one I will have to come accustomed to very quickly!!

We have a band rehearsal this week, which was amazing - I forgotten how much I loved singing with a live band......I actually didn't do too badly either!

This weekend has been very quiet indeed. Had Ted & Carrie for supper last night, they come every Friday evening, so it was lovely seeing them both. Today we went to Marondara (Think that is how you spell it!) again for yet another Kids Birthday Party.......I think this is my 5th in 7 weeks! Claire and I then came home and collapsed after an exhausting day of children and eating far too much food!

Tomorrow - well it is Sunday - so the usual for me.....rehearsal 2-5pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment